March Meeting Highlights
The March CCRO members meeting was a wonderful series of fascinating discussions, and a chance for our new members to get to know everyone there...
FOR THOSE THAT COULDN'T MAKE IT...
The March CCRO members meeting was a series of fascinating discussions, canvassing risk topics old and new. The standard afternoon/dinner/morning CCRO meeting provided ample time for members to delve into each topic with their own challenges and ideas, and to steer the discussions in whatever direction they saw the most productive path towards next steps. I have to say I come-away from this meeting with more follow-on work than ever before.
Our Discussions Included:
- Review of position limit regulations, hosted by our guest Ted Kneller of Skadden Arps.
- A discussion with Petal Walker, Chief Counsel for the office of Commissioner Bowen about the CCRO role as member of the new CFTC Market Risk Advisory Committee.
- A call for action for an emerging CCRO working group for retail energy risk management standards. Delving into the recognized need for standards in this segment of the gas and power industries, and how the CCRO could best develop and publish them.
- A presentation by WGL Group CFO, Vincent Amman. Vincent outlined how he sees that their risk management function, led by Nigeria Bloczynski, is adding value to their organization.
- An open discussion bringing focus to the subject matter and logistics ahead for our new Risk Metrics Working Group. Led by Jonathan Stein (Hess) and Garth Renne (Exelon), regular webinars for this group will begin very soon.
- A special seminar on information technology risk and the Risk Officer, hosted by Malinda Prudencio and Tom Harvey (The Energy Authority) as well as Michael Parrella (Esco Advisors). This discussion has led to some exciting plans for a full-day CCRO symposium on this topic later this year.
Sincere Thank You
Once again, Grant Thornton's Jeremy Cusimano and Russell Battaglia helped the CCRO with a great job providing us with a tech-saavy venue in a great location. This time Alexandria, Va. Also, thanks go to Washington Gas, who sponsored our members dinner at a wonderful restaurant in Old Town.
Notes Coming Soon
I will have a summary on each of the discussions available to members in our CCRO members document box very soon.