This 2hr lunch discussion will also be the 15th webinar by the CCRO on risk considerations for REPs. We will be addressing the second part of our broad topic: ‘Capital requirements and Related Risk Management Considerations for Retailers’.
Given that recent power market conditions have piqued interest in financial liquidity risk, don't miss this occasion.
We will be hosted live from Reed Smith’s offices in downtown Houston. CCRO members and other interested parties are all welcome to attend and join us for lunch. If you cannot make it in-person, a webinar link is available from Reed Smith.
Contact Abbey (below) for the webinar link.
In today’s competitive retail energy marketplace, the capital and liquidity costs of transacting in retail markets can be daunting for both existing REPs and potential new market entrants. We will explore these challenges faced by both REPs and those suppliers who provide facilities for REPs in markets across the United States and Canada.
Listen to CCRO members that are experts in the field of credit intermediation for REPs as they discuss:
Topics to Cover
- Various structures utilized by REPs and their suppliers, including services and products provided by suppliers; the comparative advantages and disadvantages of different structures, from single supplier to multilateral supplier facilities.
- Services provided by suppliers to REPs, and perspectives on how to manage the risks associated with those REPs in a supplier’s portfolio
- Key issues for both REPs and suppliers to consider, including legal considerations for both in negotiating and establishing agreements for various services to be performed. This discussion will also include perspectives on the impact of current case law and considerations as facilities are papered up between the REP and supplier.
- Legal considerations for when a counterparties credit deteriorates rapidly.
- A primer on actions you can take to mitigate against a future default or bankruptcy.
For any questions, the weblink, or details on attending, please contact:
Abbey Quattlebaum at Reed Smith: (713) 469-3833 or AQuattlebaum@ReedSmith.com
ERCOT Summer 2018 Readiness and Forecast
With summer in ERCOT fast approaching, we’ll also provide a timely overview of the state of the ERCOT market for summer 2018 from S&P Global Market Intelligence. Our speakers will include: