CCRO Meeting March 28th & 29th, 2018
Location both days:
Offices of WGL Energy,
8614 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 1200
Vienna, VA 22181
~ Afternoon & Evening March 28 ~
Risk Challenges from Renewables and Related Regulatory Policy
The day starts at 11:00 with a member arrival lunch, in meeting space. Once everyone is seated, Mike will get started...
Guest Speaker: Mike Gill, CFTC Chief of Staff for Commissioner Chairman Giancarlo
What does the 2018 agenda look like for the new CFTC?
Mike will walk through the details of how he sees the priorities for the CFTC in energy
12:30 Risk Topic Discussions Begin:
A series of deep-dives into specific risk challenges related to regulatory risks, particularly those associated with renewable energy policies...Discussion hosts include:
Interplay of Generation Policy and the Operation of Wholesale Markets
- Today broad, fundamental issues create risks stemming from tensions between energy policy and generation. Coal, nuclear, DER, shale, all are creating challenges to risk management in ISO markets…
RNG and Associated Uncertainties in Policy & Technology
- Today’s RNG technology challenges that present operative and business risks
- Regulatory policy factors that drive risks for RNG
Risk and Regulatory Tax Credits for Renewables
- Equity Special Purpose Vehicles could be at risk?
- This situation calls for the integration of risk & strategy
Evening: CCRO Member & Guest Dinner
5:30 – 9:30 Cocktails and Dinner, Venue TBA
~ Full Day March 29: CCRO 1-Day Symposium ~
Regulatory Discussions; CCRO Initiatives; Retail Work Session
The day starts at 9:00 with coffee in the meeting space.
9:30 to 12:30 General round-table discussions proceed regarding current initiatives, including:
- Benchmarking: Key Risk Indicators, and a review of our growing database of member KRI statistics.
- Case study: Member presents their Compliance KRI dashboard and a related expansion of our KRI initiative proposal will be discussed.
- White paper: Our newest draft paper establishing risk management standards for Retail Energy Providers in power & natural gas.
- Working Group: Industry Risk Function Survey - discussion of the study report & workshops.
12:30 - Lunch: CCRO Guest Speaker, TBA
1:30 - 3:00 The Retail Risk Management Group convenes for an in-person working session. A review of current white paper draft, editing process, and plans for retail events in 2018.
3:00 Day 2 Meetings Conclude